Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mindmaps





I chose this mapping project by: June, Tim, Shelby, and Chandra. They chose to map the gender of the artists of each piece of art that is displayed within the permeant and temporary galleries at The Walker. The map is on black foam core with red and blue led lights displaying a male or a female (blue for male, red for female) and they're is a key in the shape of a key with the shape of a female and male artists with lights above their heads specifying which gender. I liked the light idea and the black board background and the silver sharpie outline of The Walker.

1 comment:

  1. What is your interpretation of this piece? I think that Jun, Tim, Shelby, and Chandra did a really nice job in their map. It had a very elegent and classical feel to it. They really improved from the white back foam core. For me I interpret this piece that the Walker is more sexists toward the males (even though I know that during most of their private collection are from males because of the lack of women artists from the mid 1900's).

    ReplyDelete